Topic of the Week
Getting That First Real Job
How do you balance your need to appear attractive to potential employers with the confidence that you can actually do the job?
Blog of the Week
"Total Worker Health" vs. "Wellness" vs. "Well-Being": Framing Worker Health Issues
Total Worker Health™ is a strategy integrating occupational safety and health protection with health promotion to prevent worker injury and illness and to advance health and well-being. As conceptualized by NIOSH and others, Total Worker Health engages both legal mandates and pro-active measures to promote worker health and safety.
Thought for the Week
"A lot of people quit looking for work as soon as they find a job."
List of the Week
from Creative Group
Start Those Negotiations: Employers Increasingly Willing to Negotiate Salary
- Very willing, 32%
- Somewhat willing, 40%
- Not very willing, 14%
- Not at all willing, 14%
Top Five News Headlines
- Report: Pregnant workers face routine discrimination
- The Flexible Workplace Comes of Age... Almost
- EEOC Issues Final Rule Revising Freedom of Information Act Regulations
- Discrimination against pregnant workers has been rising, report says
- AFL-CIO wants to be the voice of most workers, not just those in unions