Topic of the Week
Duly Noted: Taking Effective Notes at Work
Ever look across your desk to see stacks of note pads and notes that are mostly unintelligible? Welcome to the club.
Blog of the Week
Tipped Workers Score A Victory In New York In Fight For Better Pay
Tipped workers in New York state have won a major victory, as Gov. Andrew Cuomo and the state's Hospitality Wage Board announce that their minimum wage, which had been frozen at $5 an hour, will be increased to $7.50 an hour starting December 31.
Thought for the Week
""We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future.""
–Franklin Delano Roosevelt
List of the Week
from University of Florida and University of Virginia
Men Do Better When Partners Fail: Really!
- Men who were told their romantic partner had scored in the bottom 12% on a test felt better about themselves than those who had partners who scored in the top 12%
- Female participants showed no such decline in their self-esteem based on their partners performance
Top Five News Headlines
- Teachers union rally in downtown L.A. draws thousands in call for contract demands
- At L.A. oil refinery, striking workers vent about long hours and stress
- One Overlooked Reason Walmart Gave Workers Raises
- Supreme Court seems to side with Muslim woman in discrimination case
- The Real Meaning of $9 an Hour