Topic of the Week
Dogma: Spotting It Where You Work
Most organizations have their organizational dogma, rules that everyone just accepts to be true. There is only one problem, often these rules don't apply any more.
Blog of the Week
On Wages, The Economist Agrees
Wages, of course, are not just important to central bankers. Weak pay saps revenue from income tax and social-security contributions, making it harder for governments to mend public finances.
Thought for the Week
"Every dogma has its day."
List of the Week
Color Me Successful: Hiring Managers Tell Us What Colors Tell Them
• Black - Leadership
• Blue - Team Player
• Gray - Logical/Analytical
• White - Organized
• Brown - Dependable
• Red - Power
• Green, Yellow, Orange or Purple - all four colors were associated with Creative
Top Five News Headlines
- How Fedex is trying to save the business model that saved it millions
- Jimmy John's under fire for worker contracts
- Henderson subcontractor ordered to pay back wages
- One-Third of Top Websites Restrict Customers' Right to Sue
- Workers paid $1.21 an hour to install Fremont tech company's computers